Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Great Road Trip


I just got back from a road trip into the wilds of the Yukon. We spent 10 days in complete wilderness. We went up the Nahanni Range Road and the North Canol Road with friends and it was terrific

Eating sugarless was a challenge but I managed. I must admit that I did consume some convenience foods with sugar but I kept that to a minimum. I am still "eating all I want and keeping my weight steady at about 130 pounds or thereabouts". I no longer worry about how much I weigh. It is great freedom. I still eat lots of chocolate and drink coffee. I manage very well with "Splenda" and have no ill effects from it.

I intend to make my great "Bean Salad" for "Sundy Dinner" at the kids place. I intend to use mostly "Splenda" in it with just a bit of "Organic Cane Sugar". I will comment on the success afterwards. I have already made this salad for a birthday party recently and it was successful. I made a huge salad and I used the leftovers to serve house guests for a couple days. It was well received by all and none went to waste despite the fact that I made a huge quantity. It is quick to make, good to eat, good for you and it ends up being cheap! What more can one ask........

No comments:

Post a Comment