Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Oklahoma blues

Here it is March 3rd already and I have not posted for months. I had great times last winter. We spent most of it in Florida. It was really cool for Florida but still warmer than the Yukon. I also got to attend the Dunedin Art School for a couple of six week courses. I really picked up my drawing and painting skills. I painted a couple florals and three pastel portraits of one of my grand daughters. It was great. Everyone who saw the results of my work was impressed. I plan to return to Florida and the Dunedin Art School next winter and take more courses.

In the mean time, we are in Oklahoma City visiting family on our way back to the Yukon and have picked up a dreadful stomach flu. I was the least affected and was well enough to make lots of soup. I am sticking to barley soup all day today. Everyone else is eating chicken noodle soup. I did well with diet in Florida this winter. Last winter I gained pounds from lack of attention to my diet. This year I did not gain a pound. My husband gained 14 pounds last year and this year he actually lost a couple pounds. That diet is so important! We must pay attention!

I really look forward to getting back to Canada and our family up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment