Sunday, July 12, 2009

Carry on Cooking in the Sugarless Kitchen


Another day; another 3 meals and snacks. I made a huge pot of chicken soup a few days ago. I didn't put any rice or pasta in it since these are some of my present diet restrictions. I put lots of chicken in it and lots of veggies.

I have already served it in its rather plain state a couple of times. Today, I wanted to do something special with it for lunch. I made noodles out of cornflour. I used the same receipt as regular noodles: 1/4 cup of flour to 1 egg. I always add spices: parsley (fresh when I have it); sweet basil; chives (fresh when I can get them); salt and pepper.

I rolled out the dough and cut it into noodles and put it in simmering home made broth (chicken this time as that is what I had. When the noodles were cooked I added more broth that had veggies in it. I served it with chicken sandwiches for my Husband and Mom (who is visiting from down south) and had a corn flour wrap for myself.

Well, that is lunch. I am now looking at dinner. I need more corn flour or corn meal wraps so I think that I will make some beans; using up the home made salsa that I made up a few days ago. I bought a can of mixed beans that did not have any sugar in it. I will use that to save a little time.

I will saute some moose burger (could have used beef or turkey) in olive oil with chopped white onions; add the salsa and beans. I will serve it with a garden salad and wraps. For desert I will serve home made chocolates made out of unsweetened dark chocolate sweetened with Splenda and Chai tea without milk. Both my Mom and Husband like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment