Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Working with the ingredients

Sugar aside for a moment, since I also have to do without whole grains. The first thing that I had to solve was what to do about something to dip in my soups. I have always used ryevita crackers to do this. What was I going to do now?

What could I use to make something to dip. Well.....what about corn meal something or other. Corn meal tortillas would be great but they are not available where I live. Sooooo.....what not make them myself. I ended up making a version of corn meal tortillas.

My own corn tortillas:

1/2 cup corn meal
1 egg
1/4 tsp sweet basil
1/4 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp paprika

Boiling water to make nice runny mix.

Should make about 6 small wraps.

I mixed the dry ingredients together then added some boiling water; enough to make a nice runny mixture. Then I added the egg and more water.

I stirred until I had something to pour into a frying pan. I use one with a non stick finish. It took a little experimenting; but I finally came up with a nice wrap (I had to cook it awhile on low heat to make it nice and manageable when cool).

The wraps were a success.

Something to eat with the wraps came next.......


No comments:

Post a Comment