Monday, July 13, 2009

Dinner was a success!


I was so pleased with dinner last night.

It was well received by my Mom and Husband. I made my cornmeal wraps as I was preparing the main course. For the main course I cooked the following:


Sharon's Mixed Bean and Ground Meat Dish:


Veggies:


1 medium white onion chopped
1 small sweet red pepper chopped 1 small sweet green pepper chopped 1 small sweet yellow pepper chopped Spices: 1/4 tsp sweet basil 1/4 tsp oregano 1/4 tsp dried chives 1/4 tsp cumin 1/4 tsp garlic salt (could have chopped a couple cloves garlic) I saute the whole works in a non-stick fry pan in 1 tbs olive oil (wiped about the non-stick surface) until onions soft. I set it aside in a bowl and worked on the second part.

More ingredient:


1 lb of lean ground meat
1 19 oz can of plain mixed beans (being careful there is no sugar added: I used no name brand) 1 and 1/2 cups of home made salsa (I have given instructions earlier) I saute this until meat is cooled. Then I added the veggie mixture. I had to set some of the the meat mixture aside for my Mom as she has divicular disease and cannot have tomato seeds. I served the above dish with the wraps and a garden salad (no tomatoes or cucumbers in my Moms: I made the salad in two bowls: one with lettuce, carrots, radish and celery; the other with chopped onion, tomato and cucumber. My husband and I mixed the two to get the complete salad).

For desert; I served home made chocolates with Chai tea.
The whole meal was a great success! I had some of the mixed bean and meat dish left over and it was great piled on a left over wrap topped with a fried egg. It was a terrific breakfast! I am pleased with this "no sugar, no whole grains, no yeast, no beer, no wine, no fish diet".

I have noticed many positive benefits. I look better; am loosing that "puffy tummy despite exercise problem"; I feel much calmer; I believe that I am getting better sleep. I would like to put the fish and Ryvita crackers back in my diet. I do enjoy a good glass of wine with dinner; but I could live without it. Anyway, we will see how it goes when I try putting those things back in my diet.


So Far so good; this cooking adventure goes on......


No comments:

Post a Comment